I have to say that since I have run my own super fund, fifth...

1. 25 Posts.
    I have to say that since I have run my own super fund, fifth year now, I had four years of 20 % plus gain . Due totally to OM IP 220 funds, in Australia and Switzerland. Fifth year, this financial year, I decided to take 10 k from this years DIY super contributions and "play the markets" in Aus and UK via e trade. This was to be my "take a chance" sort of money. Pitting my wits against the fund managers. Of the 10 K I have lost 35 % in two months on paper. So much for my wits.I place the maximum allowable for my age group in Aus DIY super from Aus earnings. The whole thing cost 1200 to set up and 400 per annum for my tax returns.
    I have made extra contributions to DIY fund and purchased land and cottage in TAS. No debt , as DIY super fund not allowed to borrow.The property is leased out and returns are generally spent on maintainance of property and improvements. This is the best part for me of DIY super. I go down every year to TAS to fish and live in a basic cabin I built by stream. This is where I shall retire. So DIY super can have its benefits and also losses should the market get to you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.