SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

dj basin

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3828
    Time to join the dots, with all the cryptic clues right in front.

1) SSN's qtrly hinted at an operator who flowed a well nearby at 1700 bopd (IP).

2) On the 3rd of March, SEA's update came out with an update, which mentioned EOG producing 1770 bopd IP frm its Jake well.

Could SSN's partner in the DJB b EOG, its highly likely IMO. There r 2 others operating in Colorado's, MDU Resources & PTED. But obvious clue for me, is the 1700 bopd frm Jake.

As per EOG's recent preso, on its website, since Oct '09 onwards, Jake has produced 50k bbls oil. (Actual figure is 50064 bbls + 27258 mcf gas).

Besides Jake, EOG has drilled 4 wells in the Niobrara successfully.

Elmer 8-31H - 730 bopd IP on stimulation
    Red Poll 10-16H: 1100 bopd unstimnulated
    Critter Creek 2-03H: Awaiting completion
    Critter Creek 4-09H: a/a

Both Bakken & DJB are good prospects for SSN & interest in this area is quite high.

The other local explorer u might want to keep an eye on here is Sundance Energy (SEA), who've actually roped in the big guns frm Beach Petroleum (BPT) for 2 wells in the Bakken (Nth Dakota). Beach, obviously intends to apply this concept to its huge shale prospects in the Cooper Basin later on, so the Bakken Shale foray is good timing for them, me thinks. Has Terry Barr missed a trick!! Mayb, given that he worked for 11 years at Santos & Reg Nelson has been at Beach in Adelaide for eons.

Anyways, for the map savvy posters on HC, here are the lats/longs, that u can drop into google earth, for SSN's Niobrara well in Goshen County, ND & EOG's Jake in Weld county, Colorado (116 kms south of LFlats).

London Flats 1-29H: 42.11276, -104.44259,
    Jake 2-01H: 40.953489, -104.384172

Still keen for more, feel free to read the old updates frm London flats well frm the ASX archives back in 2006.

Also read this article about EOG's campaign in the DJ Basin

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.