NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

sisays, the reason major players werent interested in the past...

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    sisays, the reason major players werent interested in the past is that there is very little money to be made out of regional coverage considering the infrastructure costs required (and that includes satellite). throw a multi billion dollar carrot in front of providers and the whole dynamics changes.

The fact is right now, all competitors are on a level playing field as none have satellites in orbit that can provide the required solution, and all have stated it is approximately 3 years away from being able to do so.

NWT's PR machine is in action. You can see they are begginning to heavily lobby the government, which is in my opinion the right strategy. It it however a long process, dealing with governments making decisions on billions of dollars. Alot of money is required to lobby and provide the material required for submissions. Then there is the cost of shooting two satellites into the sky.

No doubt NWT are in there trying, but I am conservative on their ability succeeed considering they will be most likely the smallest organisation vying for these services and there are some very powerful influentila organisations that will be putting their hand up to take this on.

A longshot but hey, everyone needs a dream.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.