DJIA 0.31% 26,683 dow jones industrials

Whilst globals markets have been and will continue to be shaky,...

1. 2,086 Posts.
    Whilst globals markets have been and will continue to be shaky, I would suspect that we will not see as big a bloodbath tonight as is being suggested by some here.

The collapse of Lehmans is obviously worrying, but has it come as any real surprise? They have been in trouble for months, this hasn't just been a bolt out of blue....and I think the same can be said for Merrils...their results of late have spoken for themselves ,and have already been digested by markets worldwide...and it has been reflected in it's shareprice being one-fifth or thereabouts of it's 52 week high. The fact that Merrils will be absorbed by the Bank Of America at a 70% premium is in some ways a positive I believe, and at the very least it demonstrates that BOA believe it is at least worth more than the market has currently priced it at.

I don't think we will see anymore than the DOW falling say 320pts tonight, which is still terrible, but it's not the Armageddon-type scenario that some are painting. What the next few weeks and months bring is another story.

All in my opinion of course....I guess we'll all know shortly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DJIA (INDEXDJX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.