A lollipop man/lady, wouldn’t you say?Nothing more than people...

1. 28,425 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    A lollipop man/lady, wouldn’t you say?

Nothing more than people trying to help out as you find in every club / group.

The dynamics of the Entity that is HC, just like a person, has to grow.
    Does it make it better or worse?
    Ask a thousand different people and get a minimum of 1736 replies to whether it is better or worse

I believe, what NBD is alluding to is the community spirit that the volunteer group brought to the party?
    The icon is/was easy to spot but in many ways that star was/is irrelevant (IMO).

As you know ( I believe), many characters here have done some amazing stuff to help others here, on many levels and with a selflessness and monotonous regularity and in many cases with no need or wanting of accolades.

Even some of our sparing partners who can make you feel like crushing your device, at times, can just flick a 180 and blow our minds with a post/explanation that breaks all our perceptions of them.

What NoBoDe, you, me and others think regards what HC is now, was 2 years ago-8 years ago or what it will be sometime in the future is open to interpretation of every individual who has ever had a thought of “what makes that person tick”, “Why is that person such a short necked Goose “ or “Why would that person help that self abuser “?
    We will still swim with the fishes, the stingers, the whales, the sharks, the stromatolites and the krill until we hit the wall.
    What Wall?

I believe we all know “What Wall” we hit but that’s the beauty of 20-20 hindsight, we know we are correct as we dust ourselves off and get on with the other parts of our lives.
    Till then we are just brothers and sisters from another mother, so to speak and quite literally a Family.

I saw it today, yesterday and I’m sure I’ll see it tomorrow, the dysfunctional family that somehow works even with all the bumps and grinds because Uncle Dick, Aunty Elvira, half cousin Bubba, dat brainy bogan Rustafasolopidous, Tezza the Annoying and a cast of thousands of others get off on this little corner of the world (community) and that means we all own a little bit of HC.

No share plan, no ownership in a material sense but even the savvy 21st century young investor/speculator/operators like ourselves and the thousands of other S21YISO’s benefit from our time here.

I couldn’t put a number value to what I get out of HC, I’m sure NBD would try and put one on it (as a challenge or even as a part of therapy?? ) and I wonder if you have a program that spews out the daily average that can be extrapolated at the end of each quarter (and if so is it always 42 or 22?)?

Ps A bit of poetic license, NBD.
    I don’t see you down the local “Wellness Centre” with a group of first name people sharing some sort of group, unrelated whinges.
    I do see a very inquisitive, agile mind with a Mrs Jessop like reaction time on the lace curtains and an insatiable need to know ‘what’s what’ because Family can be tricky and knowing something is better than being a mushroom.

PPS You are a Pleb, romin’!!!!!!
    Be prouder of being a Pleb because you are a kickarse Pleb who is of more value than many of your Pleb mates, in fact, it is Plebs like myself, the nobodies, the somebodies and even the Wannabees that make you a “Kickarse” Pleb.
    We only need to look at the Pin and your labour of love there, over your tenure to see ya value, Big Fella!
    ——-
    All I can really say after all that waffle is “We all add our bits, change will happen as life will go on and connecting with others here or in any format has a multitude of profound benefits that many cannot grasp “.

Hot is more than the sum of its parts because of Plebs.
    Last edited by zipperlip: 19/12/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.