DLX 0.00% $9.35 duluxgroup limited

"Perhaps what you may be indicating is that any such potential...

1. 16,888 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8358
    "Perhaps what you may be indicating is that any such potential shift of the demand curve (due to a fundamental change in the use of building materials) may occur over a drawn out period of time??"

Yes. That is what I think I am saying.
    (But really, it is not a major issue; merely one part of a good industry structure in which DLX operates)

"One other thing to keep in mind with an eye to the future, are raw material prices - particularly oil. Who knows where the crude oil price will go (it appears low!), I believe it is an important input cost in the paints and coatings business."

On this point I disagree somewhat.

I have long given up worrying about extraneous factors which not one is able to forecast with any degree of reliability.

And this is especially so in the case of a company such as Dulux, which has the demonstrated ability to offset any such input cost increases by flexing its product pricing.

One thing I don't worry about is DLX's ability to protects its Gross Margins... titanium dioxide prices high or low, oil price high or low, A$ weak or strong... it matters not to DLX's margins because of the company's leading market position and significant pricing power.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DLX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.