NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

dmr statement, page-21

1. 4,293 Posts.

07 February 2011 11:52
    "DMR turns to IT and lawyers"

"They will help resolve the admin bungles that tainted the awarding of mineral rights.
    CAPE TOWN - The Department of Mineral Resources has turned to IT and to lawyers to help it resolve the administrative bungles and corruption that tainted its awarding of mineral rights in the past year and damaged SA?s international reputation.

Minister Susan Shabangu admitted that problems that required ?drastic and immediate attention? had been uncovered. The department?s administrative system was unable to effectively manage competing applications, leading to double grantings, overlaps and rights that could not be registered. In addition, ?there was an absence of accountability of our officials which led to perceptions of corruption within the department.?

The result, she said, was that litigation against the department has increased." continues

http://moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page295023?oid=528505&sn=2009+Detail&pid=287226

I note "Perceptions of corruption"...I think the word perception is all important.

This article impressed something on me that I need help getting a grasp of...to toss around..

The con court is a "constitutional" court...it inforces the SA constitution...which in my simple understanding from researching is rather different to what Australians might be used to...and there is also a Bill of Rights..unlike Australia...these two seem to work together to regulate etc and in this case to ensure Just Administrative Action[s33].etc.
    its not a matter of guilt but a matter of guiding a quite different, evolving governance for a country trying to use a Bill of Rights etc to guide administration in order to rebalance many things ...ie land rights etc
    Correct me if I have it wrong...but thats my laymans perpective...

Thats part of the reason i think that some, including me, just didnt get the Big shift in sentiment that occured in Constituional Court. judgement imo.
    Perhaps thats why PL keeps reassuring us..
    because it was a beaurocratic hand slap?...

but I still find plenty of what appears well organised opposition to mining generally and many bridges/hurdles to cross.
    so I am not as confident as some, unless great efforts and negotiations take place.

Just my views so DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.