TAW 0.00% 31.0¢ tawana resources nl

the demerger and creation of COWAN shares are discussed in the...

1. 89 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    the demerger and creation of COWAN shares are discussed in the TAW document related to the prior TAW general meeting from Friday 6 july. These should be listed in computershare as unlisted/untradeable owned shares as has been confirmed as received by some Aussie posters. I have no such shares listed next to my TAW share so I assume I have been deemed ineligible due to my NZ address.

the Merger of TAW with AMAL resulting in re-issue of AMAL shares only is discussed in the August 18 Schedule to which the foreign investor letter is attached.

My concern is that having previously stated NZ holder would be eligible for COW shares (and south African etc not) this subsequently changed - or appears to have changed to ONLY those with registered residential Australian address.

Similarly the August schedule has conflicting statements as to whos eligible, initially saying that NZers will be able to have AMAL shares as we are in the "australian external territories"
    "
    3.9 INELIGIBLE SHAREHOLDERS If you are a Scheme Participant whose address shown in the Register on the Record Date is in an Ineligible Jurisdiction, AMAL will not issue AMAL Shares to you. In other words, if your address shown in the Register on the Record Date is a place outside Australia and its external territories, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore..."

later(9.4) suggesting nonaustralians need to fill the foreign investor letter to be eligible
    If you are a Scheme Participant who has a registered address outside Australia, or AMAL, as a purchaser of your Tawana Shares under the Scheme, reasonably believes you to be a “relevant foreign resident”, you will be provided (either together with this Scheme Booklet or separately) a Relevant Foreign Resident Declaration Form.

AND- sorry the font changed -AND
    "If AMAL receives by the Record Date a signed and valid Relevant Foreign Resident Declaration Form from a Tawana
    Shareholder who is not an Ineligible Shareholder, that Tawana Shareholder will not be treated as an “Ineligible
    Shareholder” and AMAL will not withhold and remit to the Australian Taxation Office any portion of that Tawana
    Shareholder’s entitlement to net proceeds of sale of AMAL Shares by the Sale Agent.

If AMAL receives by the Record Date a signed and valid Relevant Foreign Resident Declaration Form from a Tawana
    Shareholder who is an Ineligible Shareholder, that Tawana Shareholder will be treated as an “Ineligible Shareholder”,however, AMAL will not withhold and remit to the Australian Taxation Office any portion of that Tawana Shareholder’s

entitlement to net proceeds of sale of AMAL Shares by the Sale Agent."​

my interpretation of this is you may lose eligibility to AMAL if this is not returned
    Since I had initially thought we would be accepted for COW shares as Australian external territory but appear not to have received them - I am not at all confident that wont happen with AMAL shares - nevertheless I have complied with returning the forms

sorry bout the font - I am not impressed at having to wade through 330+pages of ass protecting to try and clarify the situation

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.