BHP 0.96% $39.17 bhp group limited

do i pay us tax on us profits, page-9

1. 1,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Just to add, again this is info from a few years ago so has probably changed, but the US charges withholding taxes on share trading activity in the US. They aren't stupid and wouldnt pass up easy tax revenue especially to people they dont like ie anyone who is not American. That means you. There are tricky tax free areas such as Delaware where companies can to a certain extent avoid taxation.

This is probably out of most peoples league. There are also some rich folks who are what are deemed as perpetual travelers, ie they have homes in 3 or more countries and spend less than a third of the year in one place thereby rendering them non residents. Again, must be careful. Look at the Wickenby investigations. The Australian government has kept pace with the levels of sophistication of tax cheats. They just havent got to you yet.

If you're paying tax, you're making money. My accountant told me that and yes I dont like it either. I just wish I could at least nominate where my taxes where spent. I think I would choose health care rather than "apology" compensation.

Moved from the "United States" forum. Original message number: 544

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$39.17
Change
-0.380(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $198.6B
Open High Low Value Volume
$39.55 $39.91 $39.04 $104.8M 2.646M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 551 $39.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$39.18 3569 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.48pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.