DO men have a cervix?, page-50

1. 81,540 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I have not experienced it - but, I've had mates who have had hormone treatment for prostate cancer

some of them described that as being very different - they were experiencing 'some' things that many women experience

of course - it would have been just a taste, but none the less - IMO, a valuable experience (not one I wish to have though).

The reality is that we only think we are whatever it is that we feel we are -

we've really got nfi what we are and what we are not

the best I think is that we are what we say no to ---------- it's a far better clarifier IMO.

But even then - we often say no to things - without thought and because 'we just say no, and we don't know why'

and the reasons for that might be nature, but they are often nurture and from long long long long forgotten events - events which have happened to us, or to others which we may have seen, we may have heard of, we may have seen on a telly or in a magazine or something.

the little one sitting in front of a tv or listening with bat ears to adults talking - when they are about 3 or 4 years old ----------- already hugely educated and primed for life -

they are like nurture sponges and they learn lessons -------- both good and bad ----- they seem to particularly learn bad lessons fast - just like dogs and horses

on here - we have a lot of older people, both female, male, men and women --------

who among them knew what getting old was really like when they were young??

you can see it, you can think about it --------- you can empathise a bit with it, you can sympathise a lot with it

but, by god --------- until you experience it ------------ you can never 'get it'

And when you do 'get it' ------------ you look around at all the people who were in your life - like actors and singers and athletes etc --------------- and then, you see a picture of them from today and you think

geesus -------------- really? good god, they look old.

And half the buggers are dead already -

If one goes and has a look at great stars of movies from not all that many years back --------- look at them now

basically - 'shit, what's happened there'

then, there's the one in the mirror - doesn't look anything like it feels for some reason, but still - who the hell is that?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.