TGS 0.00% 4.9¢ tiger resources limited

Do my eyes deceive me? $0.29!

1. 19,545 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 271
    Had to tap the screen a couple times, as I thought $0.29 didn't look right......lol

Anyway maybe this news story in today's The Australian got some new punters in.

Tiger Resources (ASX: TGS)
    There has been a flurry of deals involving ASX-listed junior and mid-tier copper producers, the common theme being they are directing what free cash flows they have, and their ability to raise equity and debt, in to bulking up.

The standout deal, in terms of its immediate impact and its game-changing potential, was that by Tiger Resources (TGS). It struck a deal to buy for $US111m ($118m) the 40 per cent of the Kipoi copper project in the Democratic Republic of Congo held by the state-owned Gecamines.

It wasn’t a knock-down price but it has led to Macquarie increasing its 12-month price target on the stock to 52c while GMP moved its up to a more sedate 38c. Either way, both are up on the currently equity-raising affected share price of 27.5c.

One thing those valuations can’t capture is the takeover premium, something that was missing form Tiger as long as it was doing all the work at Kipoi for only 60 per cent of the action.

It has to hand the government 5 per cent to be in keeping with the DRC’s mining laws, but now that Gecamines has gone, it has got to be all that more appealing to a would-be predator.

Kipoi is a 25,000 tonne-a-year operation and plans to eventually get to 50,000 tonnes-a-year. Life of mine all-up costs have been put at $US1.75 a pound, which is about as good as it gets in the red metal space.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...-tap-into-mexico/story-e6frgac6-1227051862114

I have taken the liberty to underline the take over dream!
    Last edited by Hotfire: 09/09/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.