do not follow blindly & always dyor

1. 7,117 Posts.
    Some posters have raised a very valuable point in some of the threads on HotCopper and that is that there maybe people out there who just blindly follow posts and tips and chase stock prices

I am saying this because lately I get alot of people emailing me asking me what to do what to buy etc etc

Given the current Euphoria in the market I think its a good time that those on here with a bit of experience offer some common sense (non financial) general advice and would appreciate the other more senior and experienced members of hotcopper even the mods to also comment on this

DO NOT JUST FOLLOW THE POSTS OF ANYONE ON HOTCOPPER BLINDLY ESPECIALLY ME

If you like a poster then its fair to follow them to see what they are looking at but always always always DYOR after all its your hard earned money and will either become your profits or your losses

So I offer the following advice
    1. Always DYOR
    2. Be wary of stocks that are already up 50%+ intra-day unless the news/fundamentals are outstanding it may just be punters traders and over-exuberance however this is not always the case
    3. Do not feel like you have to chase or own every single performing stock on the asx
    4. Again DYOR, knowledge and experience are the two best assets in the investing game, with these money will come

Also remember that I dont think anybody on here is a licensed financial advice, this is after a stock forum where investors/traders and punters come together to chat and share ideas

I hope that I can always find fundamentally undervalued opportunities but I am no expert and so do and will get things wrong

So I guess the message I hope to get across is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS DYOR as in the end you will be the winner because as I have stated knowledge and experience are the two best assets to have in the investing game .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.