do not follow blindly & always dyor, page-13

1. 2,070 Posts.
    Buffet, Young Trader...

Its a difficult situation, apologies if my tone sounded derogatory however my impression of your posts was that you were trying to absolve your implicit responsibilities that go with a red heart by giving the DYOR throw away line when I guess there are posters hanging on any tip or insight they can get. I dont necessarily agree with the situation you are in with regard to an implied responsibility nor is it fair to you but I think it exists nonetheless.

Its human nature that people will follow, so for their sake at least you do post your exits, as you say there's nothing more you can do, nor nothing else they can ask of you.

In any case I just fail to see how without formal training people could even attempt their own valuations, Ive been through the process and it is very involved, not only do different valuation techniques exist but you have to know which is appropriate for any given stock / sector. A working knowledge of accounting is also required.

Due diligence is another matter, anyone can and should check simple facts about a company before taking a serious position but valuations are a different kettle of fish.

So bottom line, IMHO post as if people are going to act on it (because those who dont know how to value a stock will follow), and post your exit...thats it. Maybe Im way off the mark but I think that is the red heart responsibility. If people follow blindly and lose so be it, however if they knew how to DYOR, they would have in the first place.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.