MSB 2.12% 92.5¢ mesoblast limited

Excellent posts from @Fishywoo and @Moreforme Its pretty obvious...

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3626
    Excellent posts from @Fishywoo and @Moreforme
    Its pretty obvious from reading a few posts about Mallinckrodt that there are a lot of posters who are spooked by news of the FTC fine and more so by doubts being created by a few. Why am I not surprised? LOL.

This, despite the reasons I laid out a few weeks ago as to why Mallinckrodt (MNK) entered into the agreement w/MESO.

Listen:
    The FTC investigation is nothing new. It goes back almost 3 freaking years.
    FTC has been investigating Mallinckrodt's Questcor Pharmaceuticals unit since a 2014 lawsuit filed by notorious pharmaceutical executive Martin Shkreli, then CEO of drugmaker Retrophin. Also research Andrew Left, the short seller.

Mallinckrodt already knew they were going to pay a fine. Not a surprise to them. Perhaps to the gullible.
    MNK knew it was coming, plus the decline in generics (read my previous posts).
    Mallinckrodt has been doing share buy backs.
    http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate News/Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces 2016 AGM Results; Approves Additional $350M Stock Buyback/11428097.html

Their current share count is only 105 million. Expect that count to come down significantly with the buybacks.
    They can easily raise cash by issuing shares if they choose to pay Mesoblast and license the LBP and GvHD therapies. The market will gobble a new issue, once Meso gets the approvals and/or MNK and MESO reach a definitive agreement.

It appears that some folks think that MNK management knows diddly squat and retail stockholders know better.
    Go see how MNK stock recovered very, very quickly after the FTC fine decision.

MNK knows it generics and painkillers business is facing difficult times (yes, Teva, you too).
    http://www.investopedia.com/news/ca...d-deaths-teva-mnk/?partner=YahooSA&yptr=yahoo

MNK, unlike Teva, is actively doing something about it. Progressive.
    It already acquired regen med co Stratatech. Smart.
    It now is negotiating an agreement with MESO. Very smart.

PS: If someone wants an education on how to value a company, such as revenues, P/E ratio, cash, PEG ratio, go read a BASIC book at your local library (or try GOOGLE), instead of getting taken by naysayers whose job is to cast doubts in your mind.
    And Meso is not a good investment if you go strictly by financials. If that is what matters to you, don't buy MESO.

Over and out.
    Last edited by The Yankee: 25/01/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.12%)
Mkt cap ! $1.056B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 93.5¢ 92.0¢ $2.103M 2.270M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 106422 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 59027 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.