John 12:46 reads: "I have come into the world as a light, so...

1. 5,265 Posts.
    John 12:46 reads: "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

This verse is spoken by Jesus, who refers to himself as the "Light of the World." In this passage, Jesus is conveying the message that through him, people can find salvation, guidance, and truth. Just as light illuminates the darkness and reveals what is hidden, Jesus brings clarity and understanding to those who believe in him.

By emphasizing his role as the light, Jesus is highlighting the contrast between darkness (sin, ignorance, and despair) and light (righteousness, knowledge, and hope). He is inviting people to come out of the darkness of their lives and into the light of his love and grace.

Ultimately, John 12:46 calls believers to put their faith in Jesus as the source of eternal life and salvation, and to walk in the light of his teachings, values, and example. It is a reminder that through Jesus, we can find the way out of spiritual darkness and into the eternal light of God's presence.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.