I'm not too clear on your point here. Be that as it may, the...

1. 6,486 Posts.
    I'm not too clear on your point here.
    Be that as it may, the Advocate, Comforter . . . . is the founder of a new religion. He has been called the return of Christ. It is not directly God, or His active force, the Holy Spirit. It is a Teacher like Christ empowered with the Holy Spirit as Christ was.

As for a common link, well yes, all Christian religions have a common link, that being Christ.

I don't think any plan of action was developed to counter the CC, it came as a kind of natural revulsion of the excesses of the CC. Yes, there have been major breaks with the CC because of their corruption and in the case of the Church of England it was corruption seeking its own will against the prevailing church because of a despotic Henry.

I think the truth is that religion is a hotbed for the development of rampant egos and exploitation and many of the religions that splintered off from Christianity were as a result of egomaniacs determining that they knew the truth better than others.

Many passages in the Bible have multiple meanings because religious belief flows from 100% abstraction, God. So scripture uses a language of poetry, allegory, metaphor, symbolism, etc, to convey a sense of meaning rather than an absolute meaning. There can not be absolute meaning in religion, it will always be a relative truth, never an absolute truth.

Also Jewish tradition has its own cultural style one example being Midrash in which the past and the present are blended. That's why parts of the OT come into the NT. Parts of Gilgamesh end up in the OT. A lot of Jesus back story is lifted from parts of the OT. Midrash also goes beyond the text, it goes behind the text, goes back to root words, etc. So today it's all but impossible to know exactly what the Bible scribes truely meant because it was their age, their time and words had a meaning pertaining to their time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.