do unions still have a place, page-11

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    A union of workers was certainly a godsend when the need was there, when workers were exploited. And yes, there are some instances today where a union does help aome employee issues.
    But what we find is the majority of unions today have become hiding places for thugs who enjoy intimidating weaker individuals for their own gain.

When I was bullied into being a member of a union, TWU actually many years ago, when these "Union Officials" called a strike, unnecessarily in most cases...it was purely a muscle flexing excercise for the power hungry union bosses. I and every other employee would lose a days pay when we could least afford it, but the fat cat who called the strike who did not even work for a living but was paid through my union fees did not miss a days pay!

Same goes today, the Airport Bypass work site in Brisbane is out on a stop work due to the union demands for safer working conditions. Sure there was a fatality which may have been avoidable, but there are workers on their knees losing pay every day this stop work goes on, union bossers are not losing any pay at all, stuff the bloke with a mortgage and kids to feed!

There needs to be a balance and unions need to be accountable, financially and morally...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.