I am just a pretender, always wanted to be an artist from a...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    I am just a pretender, always wanted to be an artist from a young age, but my parents asked me, "would you like to live in poverty your whole life"...I said no way, so they said find something else you are good at.
    I liked numbers, so have spent my life as an accountant.
    In my spare time I dabble with art. I originally only painted the horses, and the racehorses. I did around 20 odd commissions when I was younger.
    Now looking at retirement, I promised myself I would give it a go.
    I have some good drawings and or paintings of Vo Rogue, Bonecrusher, and Testa Rossa, they were my favourite racehorses. They had so much presence.
    I did a painting last week, and added it to the thread about Handymen, on the lifestyle forum.
    Another artist, the poster Cara added some of their work, which I think is outstanding.
    There is not much traffic on the Lifestyle forum, so I thought I would add it here, see if we can get some more interest on the subject of the Arts.
    This is a very old painting, I am currently getting around to finish. the photo is very blurred out of focus, but you get the picture.

I painted this last week, quick and easy acrylic on canvas board

this one is a photo of a drawing of Vo Rogue, one of my all time favourites..the colour is distorted here, it is pencil on paper

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.