I know this is not my discussion, so please forgive me. I don't...

1. 6,678 Posts.
    I know this is not my discussion, so please forgive me.

I don't know why anything exists. Nothingness is so much easier to deal with. But seeing as there is something, that means there has never been a time when there was nothing because something does not come from nothing in literal terms. One can mould clay from an amorphous mass into some beautiful form but that clay was pre-existent.

It is also probable that if non-consciousness, matter can pre-exist, then consciousness can pre-exist without beginning. Now a child born today owes its existence to millions of antecedents and billions of pre-modern human transitionary forms. And yet in every one of those ancestral forms something of the child existed. Therefore we too are eternal. If we were eternal in the past we must therefore be eternal in the future.

With a finite mind we can not conceive the infinite. That which has no beginning, that which is eternal, ourselves.

'In any case why would an all powerful, eternal, and incorruptible God have a need to be honored and glorified forever and ever?' Because such honorific sentiments, the act of glorification itself, indicates the beginning of understanding. The beginning of eternal gratefulness. A sign that one has transcended the material world, raised their face and begun to understand.

As for this so-called God. It needs absolutely nothing from us. We do this for ourselves. At university we are required to follow the curriculum if we are to graduate. In life the highest degrees of humanness are reached by following the curriculum designated by the source of all life. Humans are governed by punishment and reward. Therefore the greatest rewards must go to those who have followed the curriculum and its requisite lessons on love, charity, humility and avoiding a self-centred, material life-style.

Every aspect of evolution is proof of a higher consciousness. Every living creature is a universe of mystery and evidence of some higher consciousness. Evolution is just a name for a process, it is not of itself a self-animating process. Non-consciousness can not guide a process into sublime forms of complex life. Nothing evolves just because of the passage of time, competition, survival of the fittest. These are certainly inherent drivers of aspects of evolution but they do not motivate in and of themselves. Evolution only exists as evidence that some all encompassing consciousness is in play throughout the entire universe.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.