PEN 4.76% 10.0¢ peninsula energy limited

Thanks. So from that link there's 24 million lbs of indicated...

1. 629 Posts.
    Thanks. So from that link there's 24 million lbs of indicated resource at Karoo:

"An ‘Indicated Mineral Resource’ is that part of a Mineral Resource for which quantity, grade (or quality), densities, shape and physical characteristics are estimated with sufficient confidence to allow the application of Modifying Factors in sufficient detail to support mine planning and evaluation of the economic viability of the deposit. Geological evidence is derived from adequately detailed and reliable exploration, sampling and testing gathered through appropriate techniques from locations such as outcrops, trenches, pits, workings and drill holes, and is sufficient to assume geological and grade (or quality) continuity between points of observation where data and samples are gathered. An Indicated Mineral Resource has a lower level of confidence than that applying to a Measured Mineral Resource and may only be converted to a Probable Ore Reserve."

And, 36 million lbs of inferred resource at Karoo:

"An ‘Inferred Mineral Resource’ is that part of a Mineral Resource for which quantity and grade (or quality) are estimated on the basis of limited geological evidence and sampling. Geological evidence is sufficient to imply but not verify geological and grade (or quality) continuity. It is based on exploration, sampling and testing information gathered through appropriate techniques from locations such as outcrops, trenches, pits, workings and drill holes. An Inferred Mineral Resource has a lower level of confidence than that applying to an Indicated Mineral Resource and must not be converted to an Ore Reserve. It is reasonably expected that the majority of Inferred Mineral Resources could be upgraded to Indicated Mineral Resources with continued exploration."

To me, that's interesting and I'm hopeful, but according to the JORC code, it is NOT considered to be future guaranteed dollars in the bank yet. For that, we need to wait until Karoo has an 'ore reserve':

"An ‘Ore Reserve’ is the economically mineable part of a Measured and/or Indicated Mineral Resource. It includes diluting materials and allowances for losses, which may occur when the material is mined or extracted and is defined by studies at Pre-Feasibility or Feasibility level as appropriate that include application of Modifying Factors. Such studies demonstrate that, at the time of reporting, extraction could reasonably be justified. The reference point at which Reserves are defined, usually the point where the ore is delivered to the processing plant, must be stated. It is important that, in all situations where the reference point is different, such as for a saleable product, a clarifying statement is included to ensure that the reader is fully informed as to what is being reported."

I hope Karoo turns into a Woolly Mammoth ore reserve, but right now it's simply not, and right now it would seem to me to be a massive distraction and drain of capital.

'Do we need Karoo?'

I sure hope we don't! If we ***need*** Karoo, then that would imply that Lance isn't profitable. I believe it will be and I think management should be 100% focussed on making it happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $318.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $343.9K 3.411M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
82 9087780 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 3667814 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.