do you live near anyone who's famous.??, page-82

1. 18,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Hi watso

I probably know your wife - I used to work in the WA Parliament for 12 years - knew most of the premiers and the Bourke family. I was once presented to the Duke of Edinborough (Lizzy's husband); limp cool hand held out; something meaningless mumbled; surrounded by a flock of excited ex Brit ladies from Rockingham; it was fun to watch.

Fifteen years ago, on a different continent with my musician daughter I shared a tour bus with Mark Knopfler and his band of (hired) musicians who were giving concerts all over Europe; shared their food with them (they had brought their own cook), concerts and one memorable evening in the hotel lounge of an amazingly beautiful chateau in France we talked world politics, history and gossip about other musicians. Again through my daughter I get the low-down on a lot of the 'famous' British musicians and singers, when I visit.

In Freo the Durack sisters 'accosted' my husband (who was a bit of a looker) - interesting that, but they were gracious and fun.

I am enjoying this thread.

Cheers

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.