EXT 0.00% 1.2¢ excite technology services ltd

do you, share holder, take ext's hand? :-), page-22

1. 3,704 Posts.
    I am very impressed with the level of discussion here, it has raised the bar and I hope the bar can remain at that level.

I hope to spend time responding to much of this and in particular Depth Trader's opus (a word I use in a loose sense, because I am not convinced it is a labour of love).

My response will take time and as I am a working man it will have to be one of these coming evenings.

In the meantime I have to say that it is jaw dropping to see so much effort for no apparent gain.

Please don't roll your eyes, this is something important.

Why do human beings do what they do? People expend effort and time usually in return for reward. Anything else tends to be inefficient.

Analysts analyse in return for payment. They develop expertise and on sell that expertise because there is a flow of payment for their time and effort. Payment which goes towards putting food on the table, putting children through school, paying off mortgages.

DD has clearly spent a goodly amount of time and the result is impressive (at least in its length).

If one is to cover all bases, one has to academically assess his work and take on board what he is saying. One must drop it into the melting pot of thoughts and ideas before making a decision to act or not act.

By the same token, covering all bases, one would be doing one's self a disservice to ignore factors. Factors like "why"?

Why does someone spend such a great deal of time on something that (on the surface) seems to have little or no potential gain for themselves?

Is it a moral reason? People will expend great effort in the quest for the betterment of the human condition or the soul, but that doesn't seem to apply here.

Is it an ego reason? People will enjoy an audience, knowing that others are listening, that idea has some potential. Is it the case here?

Or is there some more basic reason? Is it, in the end, financial? Could it be that someone, somewhere has decided it is worth a few bucks to sow some seeds of doubt?

Please don't misunderstand me. I do not wish to stifle debate I just want what DD suggests he wants, I want people to think about all the aspects.

I will come back with some ideas in response to DD's claims sometime soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $2.787K 253.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 2016834 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 6096016 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.07pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.