LTR 2.36% 97.8¢ liontown resources limited

Do you think Gina has regrets?, page-127

1. 1,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 369
    Since this thread is about Gina, let me elucidate:

Gina did not inherit a fortune into the hundreds of millions given she had to split with her father's new wife.
    So, she started small in iron ore with her own mine which she named after her mother.

She was watching the licences and the minute a major let go or rather relinquished the iron ore licence given it was not all that high grade, Gina stepped in and applied for the licence.

The rest is history and Roy Hill is the reason why Gina made it into the billion $ class. Roy Hill contributes to Australia's iron ore exports in a big way and Gina is the biggest tax payer.

Gina got in state of art sorting machines to process the dumps so as to increase the profit margin of the iron ore,

Gina runs a small tight outfit and in a modest building - now Gina is in the centre of the new gold rush the FT calls it.

Many billionaires get left behind by not moving with the new rushes.

Gina is a 1 woman outfit - she is like the majors whose needle can only turn if the revenue is into billion/s.

I always thought Gina could run Australia - after all she exceeds the skills of any CFO, CEO and is very strategic.

What if it does not pay out? Ah, well, so did they tell Gina about Roy Hill - it is not high grade = costs,
    the market etc but Gina's strategy vision was the rise of China's demand for iron ore. That was a correct call and Gina raised the highest capex in Oz history or 2nd largest at least.

The greatest opportunity lies in a time like this and where Gina sees value is in refining as the FT said.

That is my recollection of Gina and her iron ore history - one of Australia's IRON ORE MAGNATES.

Gina also went into cattle rearing and not just any old cattle but the higher end for prices to sell type.
    She went to the NT where costs were much cheaper. She did up the place, made it really nice.
    Time to sell at a high price - the brochure was so fantastic and its like as if she was selling a mansion.
    The picture showed such an idyllic scene of her cattle farm that was so vast.

Made a big profit and she said she is moving on to higher value biz.

So, I think Gina has 1 strategic vision and her maths appears to be exceptionally good.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
97.8¢
Change
0.023(2.36%)
Mkt cap ! $2.352B
Open High Low Value Volume
97.5¢ 98.5¢ 96.5¢ $4.075M 4.175M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 309342 97.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
98.0¢ 75896 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.51am 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.