NBS 0.00% 9.9¢ nationwide building society.

Orbis are very litigious... they would have invested in good...

1. 1,149 Posts.
    Orbis are very litigious... they would have invested in good faith on the statements recorded as fact by the Directors...

As I stated a while ago, I will be surprised if this story does not end up in a big civil court battle. From Orbis point of view they have invested in a company that have definetly reported misleading statements IMO. The Chinese counterparty is not the Chinese government, Malay misleading project statements and many various other misleading and incorrect statements+financials. Orbis will expect to get their money back PLUS damages. I have no doubt...

Unfortunately most smaller investors do not have the time\money\resources to take on a civil suit for damages. Orbis does- that is the difference between them and most of us.

Do not worry they will have a backup litigation plan for when\if this company is proven to have greatly mislead the investment community. This company must be trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat- IMO. Orbis have and will be prepared to wait a year or 2 or 3 in court and sue the Directors to retrieve their money back + miscellanous damages. The majority of small investors will need to suck up the loss.

Anyway good luck if you still holding a large chunck of your portfolio (U have big ones)- it is a quite a gamble IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NBS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.