SLX 3.87% $4.72 silex systems limited

DOE Releases Request for Information, page-3

1. 20,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1783
    I know you asked Rossart, but I will attempt to answer this question Nowclear if that's OK?

As most of us know the tails material is already at UF6 and won't need conversion at least not for the tails material, but it might involve other mined material perhaps which would require conversion before enrichment?
    The US is saying they want HALEU, if that happens then a de conversion of the UF6 will need to happen, but it won't be at around 5% enriched anymore, it may be between 10% and 19.75% that will present some unique problems and would require some fancy shielding I would presume?

Here is the conundrum as I see it, if they build a conversion /de conversion plant at Paducah, then I think the best possible place for a HALEU enrichment plant would be co located at Paducah with the conversion/ de conversion plant, I believe that would be the best solution?
    Just imagine if GLE enriched the tails to only natural grade? that material would then have to be shipped to somewhere where it can be enriched further without the need for conversion because the tails material is already at UF6, but once it was enriched to any LEU level it would then need to be de converted, so this material would have to go to Paducah for this purpose, and once de converted again at any level 5% to 19.75% enriched and then once de converted it can be made into new fuel rods for the reactors of varying types.

If they built an HALEU plant at Paducah? at least one of those transports would be eliminated, would GNF-A be interested in building a fuel manufacturing plant also at Paducah? that would be a good idea IMHO as the only time you would need to shift enriched uranium at any level would be in the for of new fuel rods, which have always needed transporting to the respective reactors anyway!

Paducah is a pretty good sized asset for the DOE to own, it would lend itself nicely to any of this and a big part of any required infrastructure is already in place, to my way of thinking this would be a good move if it happened instead of making a greenfield site like Wilmington, where no enrichment had taken place before, getting turned into another site that gets contaminated?
    Last edited by moosey: 17/03/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.72
Change
-0.190(3.87%)
Mkt cap ! $1.118B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.90 $4.90 $4.70 $2.180M 457.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 5484 $4.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.72 4224 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.