AYS 0.00% 21.0¢ amaysim australia limited

Essentially it means an ARPU uplift of 7.14%, assuming everyone...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    Essentially it means an ARPU uplift of 7.14%, assuming everyone stays on the same plan.

Competitively, they are the only MVNO to switch to the 28 day cycle. Optus, Telstra, and Vodafone prepaid were already on a 28 day cycle but the main competitors like Aldi Mobile, Kogan, Jeenee, and even their own Vaya brand remain on 30 day/monthly renewals.

Strategically I understand the need for them to combat falling ARPU and it kinda works for them if they keep their Vaya brand at monthly renewals. It positions Amaysim vs the big three and Vaya vs the rest. At least at an industry level that's how it would appear.

I don't know that customers will see it that way though. I think it may hurt their brand as customers who choose Amaysim are already price conscious and will eventually notice when their billing date moves every month. After 7 months it will be a fortnight off the original bill date and folks who live pay day to pay day will notice that.

And yeah, when that realisation kicks in customers are going to wonder if Amaysim thinks they're stupid.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AYS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.