AYS 0.00% 21.0¢ amaysim australia limited

The irony is, Amaysim became a dominant market player by being...

1. 5,019 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    The irony is, Amaysim became a dominant market player by being different from 'industry peers'.

If you cant beat them join them I guess, but honestly I don't think the traditional Amaysim customer will care all that much for international calls. This move takes away some of the competitive edge and its not surprising imo the negative facebook comments. Customer a) aren't stupid (especially price sensitive one) and more importantly b) don't like to be treated like they are stupid. Spinning the 28 day thing as if its not a major change...

More data perhaps will be appreciated, but its for an effective 10% price hike. If customers want to stay 2GB unlimited domestic calling there are other large resellers (eg: iinet) that might suddenly have a few more customers in the lower end plans. The $39 iinet plan is potentially better value for international callers (depending on the destination you call) so interesting that they leave that off their competition comparison list yet include coles .

Seeing this, following the Vaya purchase of customers @ $500 a pop just makes me feel even more that its going to be a long hard road ahead to keep up their profit/cash flow growth.
    Last edited by webbj: 05/03/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AYS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.