"Native English speakers find French easy," not this black duck...

1. 79,555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

"Native English speakers find French easy,"

not this black duck

pronunciation totally different ----- a language that uses a lot more words to describe the same things

I am native English speaking - but, I find all other languages a total mystery ---- French atm, is my nightmare

I have no love of english --------- it does have words with multiple meanings and other language have words that describe clearly different forms of something - eg. the word in english 'love' - well, the word must be used in context - because your love of your favourite pencil isn't exactly the same as your love of your partner -------- other languages seem to have that sort of thing covered

however, - what I have continuously noted is that English is -------------- ??? I hazard to use the term because it's not really correct - but, it's sort of correct -------- english is more 'efficient'

actually it's probably more economical

I've often asked a question that requires a simple one word answer in English - when asked by a friend in another language - often the question put is much longer and the answer back seems to take an astonishingly long time and about 50 times the words used

I seriously think that oral and written language will become extinct in the not too distant future - and, in many ways - of course, that will be sad - but, in so so so many ways - it will be a wonderful thing for humans

Elon Musk is one of several who is working on a brain implant that will make transferring concepts and messaging between humans 100% understandable with zero chance of misunderstanding

his first aims are to aid people with brain damage - an implant that gets around damaged areas so that people will be able to function normally or as close to normal as possible - but, he believes that as the technology develops - that it will be capable of transferring information and concepts between humans -

ie. you will have no need to speak

now, with a system that produces an outcome where the is NO misunderstanding - that is going to be a wonderful thing for the human race ------------ misunderstandings have caused and do cause so much grief for humans - including fights and wars and relationship breakups.

my guess is that with use of such technologies - that the old ways will just disappear ------------ it's what's happened as we have developed communications in the past and it continues to today - I see no reason why it will not continue

old languages die, we do not use slates and pencils anymore, we do not use typewriters now, words go into the mist, new words are born - body language even changes, semaphore is pretty well history and letter writing by snail mail is way on the way out except in dinosaurian practices like law and the like

that 2 humans will be able to contact each other and transfer their exact and precise meanings to each other will mean that no words need to be said at all

and, that will be ------------------ goodnight spoken language and written language IMO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.