CNX 0.00% 7.4¢ carbon energy limited

You're right, at current prices for gas in the US it would...

1. 357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    You're right, at current prices for gas in the US it would appear at first to be a waste of money doing anything in that market. But I'm trying to look for any positives at this point and I've come up with the following:

1. Gas prices in the US are not at the very bottom at the moment; although not far off it. Perhaps this is due to an increase over winter but I hope it's the start of an upward trend.

2. Low gas prices may ultimately be good for the gas industry. Perhaps older coal fired power stations may be replaced with new gas fired stations if they can be more competitive on operating cost.

3. I read a report late last year that the fracking craze may not be all that it's cracked up to be (pun intended). There are reports that the flow of gas initially is very high but instead of a long gradual decline in production, it drops off very quickly. The only way they can keep up production rates is to keep drilling, drilling, drilling. Perhaps this is accounting for increasing cost of gas?? Pure speculation there.

4. American companies hopefully know what 'binding' means if and when they sign a binding terms of agreement. Clearly this part was not translated well when we signed with the Chinese.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.