AVE 16.7% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

If I was Mylan and knew I that ultimately I had no choice but to...

1. 1,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    If I was Mylan and knew I that ultimately I had no choice but to settle the arbitration with POH and it was ultimately a $50m deal I certainly would quietly be accumulating as much of the company I could down here.

It would seem silly to sign a deal that is multiple times the market cap of the company when you could just buy the company.

I discussed exactly this with a number of big pharma senior execs over recent years and the general consensus was that unless that specific strategy has been pitched to them by their bankers/advisors it just isn't how they operate as they are in the business of drug creation not stock speculation.

Makes no sense to me when they could hire a couple of guys to finesse extra money for them by adopting smart trading strategies but it isn't their core competency and obviously margins aren't yet tight enough for them to look for any extra value they can extract.

This behaviour is rife in the tech world but pharma seems a little old fashioned in that respect and unfortunately we are currently just too small for the other culprits in this type of action i.e. the hedgies to consider playing with.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $7.923M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $25 10K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
66 91668236 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 62801585 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.43am 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.