does anyone use twitter to research stocks?, page-29

1. 23,064 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    HC is a private forum where you seek permission to participate.
    Some of the comments made by some previous posters that purport to have integity is simply astounding.
    4 letter vulgarities on threads only highlights the immaturity of some people which I must say I find quite surprising.
    Threats via twitter to post lies on HC to stick it up the mods shows a lack of integrity and maturity. It is all in the public domain so no denial can be given.
    I am simply gob smacked that some people would abuse the very forum that gave them the ability to gain notoriety.

I guess the very purpose of all the help and assistance given could be viewed now in a cynical way that it was simply to gain free recognition that in turn would create a saleable commodity.

I have a higher opinion of people in general and actuallly believe in the good that sharing knowledge and ideas can bring free of charge. I think Rob was extremely generous and considerate in this regard as were so many posters. So I personally don't believe Rob had an agenda to profit from HC. I have no proof one way or the other so it is a mute point except we all believe what we chose to believe.

I can't help but wonder if this has all simply been an ego getting in the way of common sense and little care given about the detrimental effect it has on others.

I guess in the end it is pretty simple. Abide by the rules of the forum you chose to join or move on if the rules don't suit you. Either way the angst caused and perpetuated does no one any benefit.

What now has happened is an 'us and them' divide which is a shame for all concerned as there were some great people amongst those that have now either moved on or been given move on notices. What they were like as traders I have no idea because I never saw anyone else bank account but as people to read and discuss things with they were great and I am truly saddened that some chose to resort to the silly name calling.

I would have thought that after some time to reflect people would accept the role mods and admin play in keeping HC the number one stock forum in the country and still growing massively each day rather than denegrate and label us like has been done both on this forum and via twitter. However we are big boys and girls and can accept that there is pastures that others see as greener and with the freedom of less moderation and the ability to four letter words ad nauseam. Better to simply move to those pastures imo if thats your thing.

all a shame really

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.