AVL 6.67% 1.6¢ australian vanadium limited

Does AVL have a lithium resource?

1. 2,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Quoted from newenergy:

"I keep throwing this one around.

While it is true that some think this is likely to be a thin and non commercial deposit, how sure can we be.
    The assumptions are based on historical records and nearology to pegmatities in Namibia.

Now I'm not saying those assumptions are incorrect. Personally I think it's likely they are thin but I think drawing those assumptions is also a long bow indeed.

On historical records. We should be clear that the area has never been drilled and records are mostly recorded at a time that Lithium was considered an annoying occurrence in the hunt for Feldspar. With not a single drill hole to go on I do think the historical angle is helpful but not compelling.

On nearology. Well I just do not buy nearology for lithium much at all. If nearology is so good then how come we have examples that show otherwise.

So what do I think they have? My best guess is that yes, zones are thin. However I fully expect from the size of some of the crystals that this is going to be very high grade although thin. The question is whether the minerology is too complex. Here I think AVL might surprise.

The other thing that hits me is Vince. He seems to have a lot more practical mining experience than most geo's He also seems to have a more African approach to mining. I tend to think he's thinking more about a boutique mine that can cheaply separate high quality lithium, feldspar and Beryl. Perhaps the zones and how complex they are will be the main issue. Perhaps also Vince can eek out a profitable but unconventional boutique mine. That being the case maybe this one is a hold rather than a sell on discovery. Maybe it will come to nothing.

The big prize for me is Vanadium and I'm keeping in close contact with Vince. As a CEO he impresses me greatly and I think we may just have the next new Va mine after Bushveld comes back online. That means carefully monitoring the Va situation in China which right now looks very promising for high grade material.

All in all, I invest as much in management as resource and for me personally, AVL is worth an investment right now. All in my opinion and please do your own research."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $137.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.6¢ 1.6¢ $25.78K 1.611M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 10783087 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 6085041 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.49am 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.