Does Dutton deliberately invite people smugglers?

1. 41,469 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I want you to open your awareness to what smugglers in Indonesia would think with Peter Dutton saying:

.... "Peter Dutton quickly seized upon the incident, claiming the Albanese government was weakening Australia's border protection arrangements, and had sent a message to people smugglers that Australia was open for business."
    ABC LINK

I don't give a damn for what Albanese says about this. I just want you to get that I've been posting for a long time how asylum seekers were accumulating in Indonesia waiting for their time to come to Aus. yes we are a favoured destination because here people can be free to live and work and learn - compared with many other countries where hunger, difficulty earning a living and in fear of dominant cultures who would have you arrested and tortured or even just stood over with the danger of raids on villages including burnings.

yes we are a magnet. more powerful though is the motive force for survival.

then Dutton comes along yelling to the world that Aus ABF is defunded or removed. well thats how the hearers of his words might sound to people who are hopeful. and so the market demand develops; and so the market supplies the goods.

no matter that ABF orders haven't changed and they continue operations unabated. yet how did these (now) 2 boats slip the ABF net?

at this point some might wonder if theres a connection?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.