ELD 0.33% $9.20 elders limited

does elders have a case

1. 838 Posts.
    Does Elders have a future claim against the governments decision regarding the ban on Live cattle exports.

I'm utterly confused and quite annoyed with what I'm reading in the press.

It seems the government has had the footage of cattle cruelty since February and possibly since January this year but elected to implement a SUDDEN ban in June without consulting over that time with out Indonesian neighbours.

All Australians agree there shouldn't be animal cruelty but equally I'm sure all agree that innocent people,companies and sectors of the export community should not suffer a sudden blanket ban.

The way I read it, there are lots of questions regarding the governments actions which will be asked into the future and many claims may arise.

Of course I'm biased towards Elders because I own stock but they have not been a party to animal cruelty. Elders meets and exceeds expectations re handling yet still it cannot legally carry on business.

Elders investment into Indonesia was designed to mitigate these kinds of issues and put Elders in a position of strength to capitalise on business in the event of these kinds of left field situations, but not so it seems.

Elders business has been stopped from doing business due to a decision by our government.

Elders needs to make a statement via the ASX in regards to an investor update weather it believes the news is materially going to effect the business or not, although I would argue Elders would be hard pressed to say the current situation is not effecting it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.