does god answer prayers??, page-6

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    "wake up you religious nutters - there is no god"

You're wrong there, watso, and I'm certainly no religious nutter.......
    I had religion bashed into me when young by sadistic priests in a Catholic boarding school, and all that did was turn me from religion and to hate priests.....
    As a young churchgoer, I was nearly always picked on to take a collection plate around.....and I did verilly notice that those who hung their heads the lowest and beat their breasts the hardest, who, with an intentional flourish, put large denomination notes on my plate, were the biggest collection of evil, fornicating, thieving, drunkards without a shred of real humility.........plastic people.
    I thus ceased going to church except for weddings, beheadings, etc.

But I eventually did find there was a God.......through many decades in the bush, usually alone, sometimes for long periods......and I discovered Him in nature, not in man's written words. The sheer beauty of nature......the perfect balance therein, the wondrous ability of animals, birds, insects, plants, to adapt and survive convinced me.......that anyone who believes such perfection and wonder emerged by chance out of a single "big bang" , is about 3 stubbies short of a 6 pack. Just couldnt happen.

Does He answer prayers? I think He does at times. Had some miraculous recoveries within the family that didnt seem possible.
    I never did win Lotto, but that's probably because I never met Him halfway and bought a ticket.
    Knew a guy a long time back whose wife became possessed by a demon (there was no other explanation) and subsequently cured by way of an exorcism. He had a think, and decided that if there are demons, there must be a God......and became quite a religious person.
    So there you are, Watso, you'll find one day there IS a God....

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.