Does God Punish People in Hellfire?, page-16

1. 7,453 Posts.
    director,
    i can answer those hell posts you put up

the context is the point in contention here,i can see why you see it the way you do,but biblically  it is the wrong understanding

Deuteronomy 28 clearly spells out the rewards and punishments for obeying and disobeying God

Absolutely NO mention of eternal punishment in the after-life,

if it were biblical, you'd think it would be there, if anywhere
    And I really wish you'd read the whole thing and not simply stop at the end of the OT Testament, there's more in there you know.

2 Peter
    "For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them in chains of darkness[b] to be held for judgment;......if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly........"

The context here is,hell happens after judgement,so hell is an event,the end of sin the burning/cleansing of this earth

Matthew

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Once again,describing" THE EVENT" at the close of the great controversy

"They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Hell fire,the destruction of the earth by fire,once again,an event not a place of eternal torment!

""Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

At the end of time,after the judgement,when God has withdrawn his presence the eternal fire will consume this earth,an event

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Once again,once someone is burnt to ashes,they are no more for eternity,that is what they chose ,context once again

Revelation

"With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur."

The event after judgement

"Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death."

There you go,making my point even clearer that hell is an event

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. "

All sin is consumed in this event

"“the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night”

Look at the context of ALL the other texts talking on this point,and ask yourself,what does the weight of evidence support?

"If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire

Once again,the lake of fire is clearly the cleansing of this earth by fire

Jude

"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

Using this text as an example,the bible says that the gates of sodom and gommorah would burn for eternity or words to that effect,now if this is to be taken as literal,they should still be burning right now and we should be able to see it for our own eyes?

The context is this,the word eternity means vanishing point,so if the inhabitants of sodom and gommorah were to burn eternally then  ,they burnt til they were consumed,and that will be eternal.Using the context you understand,how could a supreme being who says he is love,give an eternal punishment ? Question,if you were to live in eternity after this world has ended,and you got eternal life
    and for some reason either your wife or children didnt,could you look God square in the eye with love knowing your love ones were burning eternally?Would you still give God a cuddle and say oh well thats how justice works?

The fact is,this belief was created in the dark ages by the priests to keep the plebs in darkness and fear of God and raise money for the building of the churches etc and the control through fear of the people

Frankly,if this is the God you worship,its the God of this world,you can have him

http://www.gotquestions.org/sheol-hades-hell.html
    "The lake of fire, mentioned only in Revelation 19:20 and 20:10, 14-15, is the final hell, the place of eternal punishment for all unrepentant rebels, both angelic and human (Matthew 25:41). It is described as a place of burning sulfur, and those in it experience eternal, unspeakable agony of an unrelenting nature (Luke 16:24; Mark 9:45-46). Those who have rejected Christ and are in the temporary abode of the dead in hades/sheol have the lake of fire as their final destination."

etc.

I'm sure others can fill in the parts I've forgotten about. Without punishment there can be no justice and without justice there can be no love"

Weak excuse there director,without punishment there can be no justice,without justice there can be no love,did you just make that up?

Certainly not a God i would want to worship,love me or ill kill you,wheres the choice or love in that?

Thats not choice,thats fascism in the extreme ,the result and reasoning of pagan christianity that came out of rome

True christianity came out from judaism

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.