HST 0.00% 16.0¢ hastie group limited

does hastie have a competetive advantage?, page-8

1. 155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    EBAs are Company wide, not sector wide. Each company locks in their labour costs individually. Locking it in industry wide is collusion. You can go to jail for that. Be careful of your accusations.

You used up 100% in your breakdown before profit. (50 - 30 - 20) So where to pull the profit? Labour? Subbies?

Do you seriously suggest that Hastie's problems are from "quoting jobs at lower margin or buying jobs in order to keep their staff." Seriously? A 99%+ loss of share price because of profit margin reductions to keep jobs? I find that an astounding foundation as a source of their problems.

I've got a query with your thoughts that a lot of smaller companies would have gone to the wall. While I agree with your sentiment 100% but when I specifically asked you this question previously, you said that they, including yourself (with a $10M turnover with Hasties from memory) basically have no risk? All bank and director guaranteed.

I can look at Leightons, Transfield, etc all day but I don't see a reflection of a similar annihilation at all? Those companies have got a bit of meat on the bone. Hasties have been exposed as having none in my opinion.

octain, you always make some very good, insightful posts, regarding contracting in general. But to hold up Hasties as a martyr for small business is going a bit far in my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.