MDC 0.00% $6.60 medlab clinical limited

Does Medical Marijuana offer blockbuster returns?

1. 169 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I have been always drawn into sexy ideas such as using cannabis for medical purposes! I know the risks are staggering but I just can't help it to think about the potential returns.
    MedLab Clinical is a biotech company and a clinical trial applicant in medical cannabis research, which made it's debut on ASX recently. I gave the IPO ($0.20) a miss knowing what happened to it's competitor Phytotech on early 2015. Nevertheless, when I saw MedLab's SP hit $0.16 on Monday, I couldn't resist the bull inside me and started to buy relentlessly! The SP hit back to $0.18 today but I'm still buying in small amounts, just can't help it. Has anyone out there sharing my bullish feelings?

Being a medical research scientist, I know all the challenges ahead of companies like MedLab Clinical. Nevertheless, I also know very well that - since I also conducted research on this topic - 20% of the adult population worldwide is affected by chronic or acute pain, representing an enormous financial and emotional burden. Therefore therapies that alleviate pain represent an unmet clinical need. Scientists (including myself) have spent millions of tax dollars to find the underlying mechanisms for pain with the goal of finding a novel target so that big pharma companies can generate synthetic drugs for that. Were successful? The answer is somewhere between "somewhat yes and NO". We are in the right direction though. However, we are likely to change our end goal from hoping Big Pharma to generate a synthetic drug to finding an "organic" way to address pain management. Especially when everything else (energy going green, food going organic) is following natural/organic trend, it is inevitable to use "natural/organic" compounds to address medical issues. Therefore, I do believe the governments will have to approve all the laws allowing medical marijuana to be used for pain treatment. This has been already approved many other countries worldwide. Hence I cultivate my hopes for a better/richer (if Medlab succeeds) future.

The other reason I have faith in MedLab is that the company doesn't only focus its efforts into Cannabis research. They are strategically expanding their research into very important diseases like chronic kidney disease, depression and most importantly obesity. Obesity is not considered as a "condition" any more. USA has already labeled obesity as a "disease" and there is a growing push for the Australian Government to do the same. Because -medical researchers would know that- neither cancer nor cardiovascular diseases are the scariest diseases any more, not for this century, the new enemy is obesity and if not taken seriously, it is going to be the most prevalent disease of the 21st century in the next decade or two. Therefore, I am moved by the vision of MedLab Clinical since they seem to be aware of this situation and aligned their research focus with broader strategic/economic goals.

Any other thoughts on MedLab (MDC)?

PS. By the time I wrote this article, the SP hit $0.19, yayy!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MDC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.