UNI 0.20% $4.97 universal store holdings limited

Harsam, I don't think AS is out of his depth. No CEO in that...

1. 5,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2757
    Harsam, I don't think AS is out of his depth. No CEO in that position would be able to negotiate the deal with Sanofi if he were.

However, I think you are right about Medpro. They wanted to get hold of Unilife for a song, steal the crown jewels if you like, and failed, mainly because the price wasn't right, and there wasn't enough premium that accurately reflected Uni's true worth even at this relatively early stage, and which would have adequately reward ALL shareholders.

To my mind, that's a tough negotiator looking after our best interests, not someone out of their depth. Others may disagree and think that a price between 45-65 cents was fair. I don't. I would imagine that had AS met that price it would have been widely viewed in some quarters as being a sell-out by a CEO more interested in lining his own pockets than looking after shareholders best long term interests.

But yes, I think Medpro have got their nose out of joint. What happens next, I don't know. I believe there's more to this than meets the eye, but am also bemused as to why the original Medpro announcements were price sensitive, yet this announcement, if it is what it appears to be, is not even considered material at this stage of preceedings.

More news of a material nature to come would be my guess.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.97
Change
0.010(0.20%)
Mkt cap ! $381.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.02 $5.02 $4.88 $115.4K 23.28K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 129 $4.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.97 1119 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UNI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.