MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

does noellyn know why, page-12

1. 7,809 Posts.
    Yes Noellyn, you certainly did say previously that management were considering a share consolidation .

I read this last night in Tim Flannery's, "The Weather Makers" :

"Only 30 years ago gas supplied just 20% of the worlds fossil fuel, while coal supplied 31% and oil nearly half . By the beginning of the twenty-first century, however, gas had supplanted coal in importance and if current trends continue, by 2025 it will have overtaken oil as the worlds most important fuel source. There are proven reserves of gas sufficient to last fifty years . Only our filthiest fuel, coal, holds greater promise by way of reserves . Thus it's looking likely that this will be the century of gas ."

The trend in MPO may be down atm but the reality is the gas trend has very recently been put far and square into play with China signing massive LNG contracts with WPL, and Santos declaring plans to export Coal Seam Gas via an LNG plant at Gladstone .
    I don't pretend to know the reason why the shareprice got so weak post the placement .
    I had an idea that the brokers for the placement may have been supporting the shareprice up to nearer the payment date, but I am only hypothesising that perhaps those 'support shares' have re entered the market, putting the offer out of balance , then the trend feeding itself with further sellers .
    Whatever the reason, I think the existing 50% owned reserves at Mungi alone are sufficient to justify making a value judgement - 'a dollar selling for 50 cents' .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.