does property reduce your wealth, page-12

1. 60,459 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    Some 15 years ago a lady friend of mine got in to a relationship with a guy who was big into investing on the stock market, some how he convinced her to sell her property and put the money into stocks and they moved into a rental

Fast forward 10 years they lost some hand a few gains but nothing substantial all the while renting and I'll add they had to move house a few times.

Mean while property had going up and up, each time I spoke to her she was pissed off that the gains in stocks were not anywhere near what they hoped and that had she not sold her property she would have been miles ahead then next time I spoke to her it was the same story.

Finally she had had enough and they brought a property. By that time the property she had sold had more than tripled in value.

Had she not sold when she did she, the rent she had paid over the years would have wiped out her mortgage and would have been able to sell buy the property she did for cash and had money left over.

That's just one story, there are many others like that. Rebel on here has a bloody riper

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.