KCN 6.52% $1.47 kingsgate consolidated limited.

Thanks danbradster. I am just relaying what I have heard from...

1. 38 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Thanks danbradster. I am just relaying what I have heard from people on the ground, gleaned from discussions with people in the know - local and foreign, small and large. I try to distinguish between emotion and reality – which I believe is a sound investment philosophy.

Feedback from my discussions, as I am an advocate of DYOR but I am happy to share my findings, was that the business environment in Thailand is generally positive to very positive and local and foreign multinationals are investing in Thailand. Except for the disruption of the new Mining Act the general feeling for explorers is apparently positive albeit they are a little frustrated with the recent delays, obviously.

Given that Thailand's industrial policies seem more considered than many 'developed' countries, and that Thailand has embraced EV by introducing an 8 year tax break for EV vehicle, battery and component manufacturers, and all the key brands are invested, including some major Japanese brands having already committed to EV and EV Battery production, I think we can comfortable assume that Thailand is holding and building on its place in the Asian supply chain and remains a destination for FDI. Australian based Redflow (RFX:ASX) has chosen Thailand to manufacture its batteries.

All this has been maintained under Prayut Chan-o-cha. So I personally think the comparison with Singapore, which I have heard from several sources, is more appropriate than one with Cambodia, which I have never heard - general observations of industrial inputs and outputs should support this.

Although KCN has done it hard, the general market view is that KCN is at least partly the cause of its own woes, which I have seen written in this forumn on many occasions. The die hard KCN supporters and board won’t support this but this is the general message out here in investor land.

With regard to politicians and news cycles, look no further than Australia for a perfected example of news cycles and comment for political gain - it seems politicians in general are the same everywhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.