GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Infose, I find your 'rules' quite condescending & the fact that...

1. 4,514 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Infose, I find your 'rules' quite condescending & the fact that you espouse them says something to me.

Re gold going up in one currency or another, of course, state the bleedin obvious!

However AUD/Gold is quite pertinent, this being an ASX based forum & we are talking about gold & a lot of us trade in Aussie gold producers. So the out look for Aussie gold is very relevant.

I also find it interesting is that I was asking a question yet you assume I think it will go higher in AUD/Gold terms. Well your assumption is correct but I also think gold will be higher in USD terms even if the USD is stronger. I know this goes against logic, however I think the ETF equation will turn from net seller to buyer this year & physical demand from Asia will again be strong. What do the hedgefunds do if this is the case? They go long.

All my own assumptions & view, but I have made a living out of writing, forecasting & trading gold for 15 years. I have always made big calls & I stick by them until at least something else changes my view. I certainly don't always get it right. However I did call gold in a bubble when it was racing at break neck speed from $1650 to $1920. Admittedly I called $1250 as a low & we have seen $70 below that so far but I am happy with that margin of error. I was a little slow getting on-board the 12 year rally in gold. In 1999 fellow gold traders I were having a beer & they said it was time to buy gold as it was under production cost at $230/ounce. I laughed at them. However Sept 11 changed all that for me & I knew then we were in a different time. We have now come through that era of terror, (well for the most part) & as such we have seen gold come off sharply. I now think gold does well for other reasons, reasons of prosperity particularly in developing countries & the devaluation for major currencies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.