MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Yes you do seem to now something abouts the spherical process...

1. 227 Posts.
    Yes you do seem to now something abouts the spherical process but you seem to make a few incorrect assumptions in your description. Spherical graphite can and is produced using a feedstock of 100mesh (149 micron and up) but it's more efficient ie you get better yields using 80+ mesh (177 micron and up). Also i assume you are aware the spherical graphite process also includes chemical washing with HF and H2SO4 and that these waste are toxic and need to be treated. Note your Chinese competitors currently dont treat the waste. My point is that while spherical graphite commands a high price the cost of producing it is also very high. I will be interested to see SYR study when it comes out . All i will say is they are wasting time and shareholders money looking at a plant in the USA. Cost of production will be much less at the mine site due to transportation costs. If you dont know why consider the amount of feedstock that will be required to be shipped to the usa and also the cost of dealing with the toxic waste (the h2so4 and HF leftover from the chemical wash)

With respect to where demand may come from for even larger flakes. One of fastest growing market for graphite other than LiBs is expandable graphite used in thermal management for consumer electronics, fuel cells, gaskets, construction materials etc. This market requires +50 mesh XL (300+ micron). So i hope this puts this discussion to bed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.