GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

doesnt anyone think its strange..., page-15

1. 1,739 Posts.
    Hotwolf says:

I am genuinely interested in knowing why so many people believe they are dealing with dark forces when it comes to something as simple as equity investments. Cheers

Hi Hotwolf,

the answer is:
    1. lack of education and strategy
    2. Basing decisions on emotional responses
    3. Bad money management
    4. lack of responsibility

Lack of strategy
    Most people who think they are trading don't have a predefined strategy. They just buy and hope, then sell and watch.

Emotional responses
    Most people who think they are trading allow their emotions to rule their decisions. Just look in this topic to see one person getting 'worried' that the leadville formation isn't there. I am a trader and don't care whether there's gas in there or not. I just follow my rules whatever happens. When I'm done with this trade, I'll move onto the next one.

Bad Money Management
    If you are 'worried' about losing money, then you'll never be a good trader. Losses are a FACT of life in trading. You need to be comfortable with losses if you're going to make any serious money. If you're worried about losing money - don't trade. If you don't know how to control your losses then get educated so you can lean to manage the risks you take in a trade.

Lack of responsibility
    Most people think they are responsible, but they're not. Society teaches us to blame. If you live a life of blame, you are not taking responsibility for what you are doing. Blaming dark forces, up rampers, and down rampers, to my mind displays a lack of strategy, and gives you a fall guy to BLAME if you make a loss. Of course, if you make a profit, feel free to take full responsibility!

The share market is full of uneducated people having a go. When you're taking candy from a baby you don't need dark forces on your side. You just pick up the candy that the baby keep dropping.

When the 'traders' themselves realise that THEY are their OWN worst enemy (rather than other people), then they will have started on the path toward consistent profit.

Joel

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.