HUM 3.79% 68.5¢ humm group limited

Dog of the year., page-70

1. 31 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    My experience has been positive so far overall. They sent an agreement with standardised rate card but it is actually negotiable (they probably won't like the fact I mentioned it). Their account manager is quite good at checking in with us, and the best part is they could also help serve our US website sales in US dollar while Z1P struggled (or at least when I spoke with them).

It is hard for me to say whether conversion rate is better or worse with their service as I assume some people would have bought from us even without APT as a payment method while others might have struggled without enough discretionary savings. What I do know is we make at least a few sales through them each day and the fact that it can be settled immediately and they are taking away the credit risk on their book.

The only concern I would say as a merchant is 5 - 6% fee charged is already at my limit (in comparison to ~3% charged by PayPal and ~2.5% by Stripe and most credit card companies). So if cash rate goes up further so does their cost of debt facility, I won't be happy for them to pass on the increase to me. Gross margin on a lot of our products is only ~30% after marketing cost, if they they take close to 10% or 1/3rd of my gross margin I think that would be a deal-breaker for me. I don't think their incremental conversion rate could justify it by then - it needs to be 50% effectively (30% / 20% - 1) put aside the argument for creating convenience purely to consumers. I imagine for service providers their tolerance level could be higher as their gross margin should be much higher without much working capital commitment.

My understanding is APT US at least until recently though is unable to work with services-based business. We recently launched a service division in US and they were unable to serve us. Below is the correspondence from their account manager on this matter.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2423/2423593-813af5c1e51414514aec78c064f77d5d.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HUM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
68.5¢
Change
0.025(3.79%)
Mkt cap ! $336.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
64.5¢ 69.5¢ 63.5¢ $491.7K 729.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5474 67.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
68.5¢ 2267 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HUM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.