GPT 0.39% $5.07 gpt group

doing some basic research at the moment, page-13

1. 9,836 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 972
    Mr Feeney I agree with your previous posts about valuations and net asset values however you fail to take into a/c that we are in a fairly nasty bear market and that property valuations are going to get whacked even further next year.

Its a fact that banks are not lending on large scale commercial properties and if they do the valuer will value it at less than a buyer is paying for it and the bank will only lend 30 to 40% LVR.

That is why we have no big ticket sales in Australia because no one has the capacity to buy. Next year will be judgement day for a lot of these trusts.

As I have mentioned before which you don't seem to acknowledge is why would I buy a stock such as GPT on a yield of 8% when I can buy just as good a stock on a higher yield on a bigger discount to NAV and a current gearing of 35% or less.

As I stated before it is only holding up at the current level because of the prospect of a takeover by SGP which in my opinion will never happen.

I am only providing an alternative view to yourself an providing a point of discussion.

Good luck with your investment. I hope it works out !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.07
Change
-0.020(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $9.711B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.13 $5.15 $5.06 $20.31M 3.995M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17212 $5.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.10 79173 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.