SMN 0.00% 41.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

I just re-listened to the November 28 conference call. The...

1. 1,849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 346
    I just re-listened to the November 28 conference call.

The statement that was made was that "we hope to have an announcement before Christmas."
    He did not say we will have a signed contract before Christmas.

It was estimated that the revenue from a single airline could be in the vicinity of $15-$18 million based on the lost opportunity cost of making $150,000 per day per aircraft. Aircraft could be grounded for current methods of checking for up to 3 days per year even if no stress cracking is found. Currently, a certain amount of damage is done to the aircraft when parts of the aircraft are dismantled for visual inspection & then reinstalled.

If we take, what would appear to be a conservative approach & say that each airline brings in, on average, a $10 million profit to SMS then if only ten airlines of significant size, or the equivalent, then you will have an annual profit of about $100 million which equates to about $1.00 profit per share as there are about 100 million shares on issue.

If, based on a Price/Ernings of 15 then the share price should be $15.00.

Now imagine fixed wing aircraft, military aircraft & more than 10 airlines using SMS technology plus the possibility of the technology being used on bridges, of which there are many in bad need of repair & numerous other areas where stress cracking occurs then you have a potential share price rising to well over $20.00 per share.

Makes the mind boggle.

Does anyone think I am overly optimistic?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $56.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 31184 39.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 55156 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.52am 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.