dole up $80 per week. good or bad?, page-15

1. 3,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi Misty. What I believe is unfair is that I get taxed heavily with my wage, my shares, and the interest I earn from being a good saver. If you or other hard workers found themselves to be unemployed then I have no problem with the money given. But why should anyone be given money for not working if there are available jobs within a 5, 10 or 15 km radius? Ultimately there comes a time when people need to be responsible for their own lives, and repeatedly paying them a generous payment is not going to encourage many to get out of their comfortable surroundings.

One income of $304 will not get you far. But combine that with 4 incomes in one residence and you can see Australia's dilemma.

I heard that in Africa they have a system that the money paid out for the dole is according to how many years of tax you have been paying - the longer you've paid tax the higher you get paid. Nothing like giving incentives to try just that little bit harder.

But I appreciate your angle and feedback. Maybe I'm reconsidering my concern about the amount of money being paid out. But bottom line is the receivers have got to prove that they are willing to work and pay back to society what society has given them.

Good luck with your trading!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.