LSR 0.00% 0.1¢ lodestar minerals limited

dolerite dykes, page-10

1. 116 Posts.
    Oxymoron, I'll lookup Avebury, thanks.

To my mind, I envisage a scenario where Dolerites provide the metals, and sulphur is scavenged from the country rocks by a process of either mixing or hydrothermal inter-actions. Can't prove this theory yet, but is a useful starter for trying to interpret what these copper bodies are and how they formed. Once you have this in mind, it is easier to go exploring for more copper in new areas.

For the record, the only reason Horeshoe lights is suspected as VMS is because of some alteration studies, but the mineralisation itself is more fault controlled. Degrussa is a great unknown (thanks SFR) but there is serious discussion of it NOT being VMS.

So the Capricorn Orogen would appear to be devoid of true VMS copper deposits. Dolerite interactions would be the next candidate for explaining the presence of copper deposits, due in part to the presence of dolerites nearby and interacting with a lot of these copper deposits.

Degrussa has nearby dolerites, and there are lots of nearby sulphidic sediments, and the area has plenty of tectonic displacemnt. Very coincidental.

My money is on explorers not blindly repeating the VMS models, and exploreres trying new ideas and structural models. There is a few of these companies out, driven more buy a focus on geology right, and can be seen in the quality of ASX announcement. Ultimately the use of VTEM surveys will be main drivers to new discoveries, and with plenty of these being done recently, there is yet hope.....

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LSR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.023M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.1¢ 0.2¢ 0.1¢ $16.35K 15.85M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
35 83536917 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 27913152 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.45pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LSR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.